Wednesday, May 8, 2013

THE 2013 MET GALA

The theme this year was Punk: Chaos to Couture and we most certainly saw chaos and couture on the red carpet. Chaos because of the mix of those who dressed by the theme and those who didn't and the couture because of some of the lovely creations presented.

One of the things that shocked me was the absence of any of the Saint Laurent Fall 2013 pieces. I was sure someone would've worn one, or even a modified version of a runway look. Guess the pieces were either to grunge or not (meaning they lack glamour, maybe they're really for the streets). Anyways, here they are. Overall, I'm much happier with the fashion here, just because of MADONNA!!!!! Hahahahaha!


 Juliane Moore in Balenciaga - Very madam but the hair... LOVES IT!
 Florence Welch in Givenchy Couture - I'm not liking the hair but the dress is so her!
 Chloe Sevigny in Proenza Schouler - LOVE THIS! She's really cool! Haha!


 Emilia Clarke in Ralph Lauren - Gosh! She is sooo gorgeous! Red suits her but I cannot forgive her for the wrinkles. Hehe! Plus, the punk factor with those earrings, I like! :D
 Jessica Pare in Jason Wu- I love this color! Since it's punk, please forgive the eye make up they have. I completely understand! GOW!
 Dakota and Elle Fanning in Rodarte - Awww sisters! And they're wearing sister designed Rodarte! LOVE! I love Elle Fanning's tie dye look more! Dakota's hair looks like the "just got out of bed" look. And that eye make up on Elle, WERK!
 Emily Blunt in Carolina Herrera - Too simple. Why didn't you consider McQueen, I'm sure they have some interesting gowns.
 Cameron Diaz in Stella McCartney - To be honest, I have a love-hate relationship with this dress. Up to this time, I don't have a final answer. But I'm firm with this, I love the color, I hate the hair and make up, totally ages her. And I need that belt! :))
Kate Mara in Delpozo by Josep Font - Don't worry, I don't know the designer either. Still, it's kinda lackluster for me but I love the bustier part. I wish the skirt was much more interesting. This would've been better off on a red carpet premier.

 Hailee Steinfeld in Donna Karan Atelier- I like this! Girly yet with an edge with those safety pins all around! I like! :))
 Minka Kelly in Carolina Herrera - I'm not liking this. I'm sorry, I'm just not.
 Ivanka Trump in Juan Carlos Obando - I love the hair and the accessories. She's a freakin' daughter of a billionaire for god's sake. Why can't she find a better gown?
 Katy Perry in Dolce and Gabbana - IYO NA ANG KORONA! HAHA! I actually love this look, except the hair.I'm not crazy about the curls.
 Emma Watson in Prabal Gurung - If she had punk hair and make up this would be a hit! I love the cutouts. I guess it was hot in NY. :))
 Gwen Stefani in Maison Martin Margiela - I don't think I've seen a Margiela creation on the red carpet before. Anyways,  I LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS! GO GWEN! HAHA! Perfect! She's definitely a punk girl (Remember Rich Girl? Clean out Vivienne Westwood in my Galliano gown.) So there! Love this look from head to toe! Go girl! Push mo yan!
 Kerry Washington and Vera Wang in Vera Wang- Hot messes! I'm not liking either looks
 Nicki Minaj in Tommy Hilfiger- Isa pa to. MARS! Where's the drama???? It's your first MET Gala. Haist!
 Julianne Hough in Topshop - Yes Topshop! I love the dress. I love this look on her. :)
 SJP in Giles - She was one of those who brought punk to the red carpet. I love the Philip Treacy headpiece. She surely committed and I applaud her. It works! :)
 Marion Cotillard in Christian Dior- Meh! Seriously, what happened. Her 2012 look was much better, but then again this is the Raf Simons era so let's not expect drama from Dior ever. :(
 Carey Mulligan in Balenciaga - While I love that safety pin, this is quite safe from her Prada frock from last year. Sad. :(
 Anna Wintour in Chanel Couture - WHY? The runway version is much better, and I wish they had made it into a mullet dress and she wears those thigh high boots (It was only just a dream....) Haha!
 Amber Heard in Emilio Pucci - SEXXXY!
 Kirsten Dunst in Louis Vuitton - SAFE! Ok, next! Haha!
 Diane von Furstenberg - Hmmm... I didn't know we were in 70's disco. Right era, wrong genre! :))
 Gwyneth Paltrow in Valentino- Ugh! Last year's Prada was much better. The waist part makes her wider. Maybe you should've worn that Antonio Berardi side bum dress instead.
 Christina Ricci in Vivienne Westwood- PAK! PLAKADO! Love this look!
 Coco Rocha in Emanuel Ungaro - Haist, what am I gonna do with you Coco? The runway version was better. This should've stayed as a short dress. But in some ways, you totally work it so carry on! :)
 Lena Dunham in Erdem - I really don't expect anything from her, just remove those freakin' tattoos.
 Ginnifer Goodwin and Jessica Alba in Tory Burch - Those eyes Ginnifer, KALOKA!
 Mary Kate Olsen in Vintage Chanel Couture - It truly is vintage, Like for your grandma, but hey that's their style.
 Stacy Keibler in Rachael Roy- Yes..... invited sa Met Gala! You should thank George for that. Infairness, the dress goes with the theme and you look good. You get a pass!
 I'LL DEDICATE A POST TO YOU GURL! YOU'RE MY BEST DRESSED! EVERYTHING IS PERFECT HERE! MADONNA IN GIVENCHY COUTURE!
 Miranda Kerr in Michael Kors - OK FINE! You have a great body! Bwisit! Joke! Gorgeous as always. Love the dark lip.
 Katie Holmes in Calvin Klein - Ok... next!
 Kristen Stewart in Stella McCartney - Just adjust the hips part and this would've been perfect. Seriously, they look super wide.
 Linda Evangelista - Hmmmm... Someone wants to crash a wedding here.
 Heidi Klum in Marchesa - Obviously she wouldn't go for punk, you look good though.
 Emma Roberts in DVF- Effort naman yang dress na yan, kailangan pang hawakan para makita ang slit. Trying hard ng slight lang.
 Kate Beckinsale in Alberta Ferreti - Obviously, she's a fan of girly dresses so don't expect her to follow the dress code. But she looks gorgeous.
 Solange Knowles in Kenzo - She doesn't want to be in the shadow of Beyonce so great job!
 Karolina Kurkova in Mary Katrantzou - UGH! GORGEOUS! PERFECT! EVENT APPROPRIATE! WERK!
 Nina Dobrev in Monique Lhullier- Proud Filipina! Choz! This is super perfect! Love this! Kind punk but full on glamour!
 Emmy Rossum in Donna Karan Atelier - Very sweet look!
 Amanda Seyfried in Givenchy Couture - The print overwhelms her, I guess she hasn't mastered printed gowns yet. Don't worry girl, keep doing what you're doing and you'll learn! :)
 Anne Hathaway in Vintage Valentino - Whew! Where do we start? The boobs? The hair (temporary blonde only) I love the look, to be honest.
 Nicole Richie in Topshop - Speaking of changing hair. Haha! This one's too over the top (hairwise) even for me.
 Renee Zellweger in Prada - Love the dress, wrong occasion.
 Jennifer Morrison in Donna Karan Atelier - Hmmmm... After seeing all the dresses above, this is just boring...................zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz............
 Uma Thurman in Zac Posen - The dress is very Zac Posen and not any punk.
 Kim Kardashian in Givenchy Couture - I just felt obligated including her but seriously, why is she there? Anna, come back to your senses and shun Kim already. This look should be enough reason.
 Claire Danes in J Mendel - I see the punk here..... I guess
 Blake Lively in Gucci Premiere- Ang ganda, ang gorgeous, ang fresh! Neseye ne eng lehet... Hahahaha! But girl you look gorgeous. Marriage made you even hotter. :))
 Greta Garwin in Saint Laurent - Haist, you already had Hedi Slimane, why didn;t you go all out with punk???
 Taylor Swift in J Mendel  - MEH!
 Rosie Huntington Whiteley in Gucci - Sexxxxy!
 Maggie Gylenhaall in Calvin Klein -Aren't you a Dries Van Noten fan? He made a punk collection for Spring 2013. WHY???????
 Sienna Miller in Burberry - PERFECT! LOVE THIS! GOW!
 Miley Cyrus in Marc Jacobs - The only downfall: Kate Moss wore this first and worked it better than Miley. :(
 Jessica Biel in Giambattista Valli Couture- I like this! Very toned arms!
 Jennifer Lawrence in Dior Couture - Love the French veil. I love the dress actually but again wrong event.

 Ashley Greene in Marchesa- Go for Baroque
 Giselle Bundchen in Anthony Vacarello - I guess only Gisele can make me love a Vacarello creation.
 Joan Smalls and Tom Ford - Tom looks gorgeous, her date... meh!
 Sofia Coppola in Marc Jacobs with Marc Jacobs- The cool kids #1
 Debbie Harry - THE COOL KIDS #2 I LOVE THESE TWO PAIRS! HAHA!
 Kylie Minogue in Moschino - Girl, too safe! You know Gaultier, WTF ? Go for Gauliter for MET Kylie!!!!!
 Kelly Osbourne in Marc Jacobs - The purple hair certainly looked appropriate


 Beyonce in Givenchy Haute Couture - I'm sorry I don't see Beyonce as a fashion girl and this dress deserves to be with a fashion girl. Go back with your Dereon dresses Bey.
 Rooney Mara in Givenchy Haute Couture - You'd think Riccardo would create a one of a kind dress for her but NO! This was GHC Fall 2010. And it feels like meh....
 Jennifer Lopez in Michael Kors - Go for the hair! I love it!
Bee Shaffer in Dior Couture - She looks like a classic beauty! Love the look but again, not even an element of punk.
 Anja Rubik in Anthony Vacarello - Much better than last year's hip protruding look. LOVE THIS! PUNK CHIC! :D
 Zoeey Deschanel in Tommy Hilfiger - I'm shocked with her makeup. Quite bare. Obviously, with her quirky cutesy image, she would shun the punk look!
 Cara Delevingne in Burberry - Love this! This is spikes done in a gown form which looks classy! LOOOVE! AND THE HAIR. J'ADORE!!!
Elizabeth Banks in Atelier Versace - Hmmm... There's something off about that jacket... Don't know what it is but there is. Haha!


BEST DRESSED : MADONNA! Obviously
WORST DRESSED: KIM KARDASHIAN! Obviously

So, what are your thoughs? Sorry for the image heavy post. Quite long isn't it? Haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment