Monday, June 24, 2013

SM ACCESSORIES OVERHAUL

"The only thing that separates us from the animals is our ability to accessorize."
-Olivia Palermo


Yeah, I live by Olivia Palermo's words. She's the perfect way of how to accessorize. I mean, I think it has become a blogger's norm to "excessorize" or over-accessorize. Admit it, you see lots of bloggers and lookbookers who weigh less than 120 lbs become 200 lbs because of the amount of accessories they have. I mean those necklaces and bracelets tally up to infinity right? And let's not forget those chunky rings that hey have in all 10 fingers. While it's great in pictures, I find it to be uncomfortable. I tried it once and did not like it. I go for Olivia's accessorizing. One or two statement accessories is enough. You'll see her in chic necklace or bracelet, one or two rings, a great bag and fierce shoes. Those are enough to make a statement with accessories.

I don't over-accessorize. I tend to just have a statement cuff or a statement bracelet or a tame necklace and bracelet (haha!).

I remember before that SM Accessories was just a secret. My place and my schools were near SM North and they have huge piles of cute and AFFORDABLE (emphasis on affordable) accessories. People would be shocked when you answer them, "I bought this at SM Department store for x pesos!" So affordable!

Well now, it's no secret SM Accessories has become the go to accessory store for everyone, fashion lovers or just want to spice up their look. They have chic bags, lots of statement necklaces, stackable bracelets and bangles, lots of rings and other arm candies.

I've been a huge fan of SM Accessories because they always follow the trends but make sure that they are accessible to everyone making the Philippines a fashionable country one accessory at a time.

Well since I've been collecting SM Accessories for a while now, I'll show you my collection (just a sample not all) and my preferences for accessories.

1. SUNGLASSES - If you've read just one or two posts in my blog, you'll know I'm addicted to sunglasses. I always go for classics with a twist. These are twists on the wayfarer shape. Striped blue and a one with a metal temple. Chic!

2. NECKLACES -  I tend to go for simple necklaces. I love this one, especially the shoe pendant. Haha!

3. RINGS - I love statement rings. As you can see, I love animals! Haha!

4. CAPS/HATS- Caps have become my go-to hats and this one is great for the beach.

5. BELT - I love their trendy belts. Studs, red, orange, OH MY!

6. WATCH - A watch is a necessity. It gives you the image that you care about time, something you can't take back and you must value. Now, I bought this one for more than a year ago and it's still working and the batteries haven't been replaced. Cool right? And the orange color is the icing on the cake. I'm a sucker for bright colors. HAHA!

How about you guys, have you been to SM Accessories? If not, you're definitely missing out.

No comments:

Post a Comment