Monday, January 13, 2014

The 71st Golden Globe Awards

So it's awards season and it's my fave time of the year. Seeing all the stars all glammed up and seeing them produce red carpet moments or hot messes. It's fun to watch! :)

There were a lot of stars so stay with me on this one! :)
Last year, my best dressed was Marion Cotillard in a red Dior dress and this year, another lady in red Dior made my best dressed. :)

It's Emma Watson in Dior.
You might be thinking, what????? this is plain and boring. Well, check out the back...
PAK! I love this. It's risky but it works. Good job on taking a chance and making it work, Emma! :)
Here are my other top picks:

Adele Exarchopoulos in Miu Miu - Yes, I can't pronounce it either but girl you look gorgeous. I wished "Blue is the Warmest Color" won the Best Foreign Film though. And where was Lea Seydoux?
Caitlin Fitzgerald in Emilia Wickstead - I love the color and it looks twee and I love it. I'm in love with unconventional gowns. No more sequins for me. Joke!
Emilia Clarke in Proenza Schouler - Freshness! I love the gold cuff and that hair needs its own Twitter account. :))
Amber Heard in Atelier Versace - Bombshell + Versace = perfect combination! This is the Versace I love, sexy but still class! She brings out the lesbo in me! LOLZ!
Amy Poehler in Stella McCartney - As expected from Stella, chic and sophisticated. And it looks young and fresh too. You go Amy! Congrats on your win. :)
 
Amy Adams in Valentino Couture -Another winning look! I'm used to seeing Amy Adams in princess-y gowns. Maybe she was still in Enchanted or something so this change of pace is lovely. I think she changed it ever since she was Lois Lane on Man of Steel. You go girl! I love a modern girl. Love the color blocking on this one. Color blocking seemed to be the trend for this event.

Queen Cate Blanchett in Armani Prive - Another winner for Blue Jasmine. She looked super regal and you know Cate is a true fashion girl. She takes risks on the red carpet and now I can't wait for her Oscar look.

Mila Kunis in Gucci Premiere - Another bombshell! Seriously, she is soooo hot! No wonder Ashton wanted a divorce from Demi. I love this look despite the fact that I want the sequins to end above the belt. She still looked great and that color gray is quite hard to rock less look sexy in.

Zoey Saldana in Prabal Gurung - I gotta give her major props. It's a risky dress but she pulls it off. She's also one of my red carpet favorite because she tends to always choose high octane looks from the runway. I'm always looking forward to her looks! :)

Jessica Chastain in Givenchy Couture  - Jessica seems to be the only one (aside from Madonna) that does Givenchy favors. I mean, everytime they wear Givenchy they look good. Now tell me honestly, was that Givenchy couture dress on Kim gorgeous? HORRENDOUS RIGHT? But when Riccardo Tisci dresses Madonna and Jessica, he seems to always get it right. Note to Riccardo, only dress Jessica and Madonna from now on. NOBODY ELSE! :D

Allison Williams in Alexander McQueen - Yes, the top looks like fur. And I love it. The statement was the material and it did not go overboard. Allison is another one that I always want to see what's next. Keep it up girl!

Kate Beckinsale in Zuhair Murad Couture - If it ain't broke, don't fix it is Kate's motto in dressing. I cannot count on my two hands and feet how many times Kate wears a mermaid gown on the red carpet but it works on her and she's just plain gorgeous. It's just not fair.

RUNNER UPS AND NOT SO GOOD ONES!
Naomi Watts in Tom Ford - While I love the gown, I wish there was something done with the hair. Like bangs or something. The dress is a liquid gold of boredom.
Laura Carmichael in Viktor and Rolf - It's a nice add-on to a white dress. Although the length and the placement of it bothers me somehow.
Sarah Hyland in Georges Hobeika - I love her Valentino inspired hair but I am not liking the gown because it looks like a top and a skirt combined.
Aubrey Plaza in Oscar dela Renta - Another color blocking and the bow is at the back for more fun. I wonder how she sat. Hahahaha.
Zooey Deschanel in Oscar de la Renta - Mehhhh.... What a let down. I was expecting color from you Zooey! Why?????
Leslie Mann in Dolce and Gabbana - What can I say? It's a lace Dolce number so it works. I even love the peplum on this one. And her hair looks gorgeous. :)
Margot Robbie in Gucci - Bombshell alert. You look good girl, keep it up! :)

Lea Dunham in Zac Posen - I think she wore Zac Posen last year as well. I love the color although it reminds me of Sofia's dress. See below.
Elizabeth Moss in J Mendel  - Forgettable. Good thing she gave the middle finger to E!'s mani cam
Michelle Dockery in Oscar dela Renta - Very safe dress.
Lupita Nyong'o in Ralph Lauren- She was one of my one to watch as she has been consistently giving me a variety of looks but I don't like this one for the prime reason that Gwyneth and Zhang Ziyi gave us the cape moments. She's not even working it. Sorry Lupita. NEXT!

Berenice Bejo in Giambattista Valli Couture - I applaud Berenice for always stepping out of the box but this overwhelmed her. I wish she wore a ponytail instead of a bun.
Tina Fey in Carolina Herrera- Girl what happened? Tina was always a hit or miss but lately she's been giving us hits so this is unacceptable. Too bad.
Laua Dern in Roberto Cavalli -  I like this dress. Age appropriate yet very fun and sexy. Nothing like a Cavalli gown eh?
Ariel Winters in Mikael D - I seriously will not give mercy to creases and wrinkles
Zosia Mamet in Reem Acra - I think this is a huge improvement from her Houghton dress from the Emmys. She looks better. :)
Sarah Paulson in Marchesa - Looks like a prom dress. I think we're over this kind of Marchesa dresses already.
Hayden Panettiere in Tom Ford - Eeek. It's ok for me. hahahaha.
Julianna Margulies in Andrew Gn- I'm not sure about this one. I am not liking that gold tree print.
Kerry Washington in Balenciaga - Meh! I did not like this.
Gabourey Sidibe in Daniel Musto with Michael Costello - It took 2 designers to make this dress? I'm not liking it. Gabourey can do much better. Michael Costello was a finalist in Project Runway right?
Lizzy Caplan in Emilio Pucci - I love the details of this dress. Very art deco.
Kyra Sedgwick in J Mendel - She was there to support her daughter who was Miss Golden Globes. I really love the color of this dress.
Kaley Cuoco in Rani Zakhem Couture - Now people were divided with this look. I for one love it, with a sombre print, Kaley was wise enough with her hair and make up. She looks good!
Taylor Schilling in Thakoon - It looks like a stretched slip dress no?
Kate Mara in J Mendel - Since Rooney was not around, our Mara for the night is Kate. Love the hair on her and those boobs??? :D
Reese Witherspoon in Calvin Klein - I kinda have a problem with Calvin Klein gowns. They just don't excite me. But thank God they gave it a great color. She looks phresh.
Sofia Vergara in Zac Posen - Looks like she's taking a risk but why with that necklace? Not only does the color bother me but it looks cheap. Like something you would buy on a surf shop.
Olivia Wilde in Gucci- Flaunt your baby bump is the name of the game and I can't blame her. She looks good. Love the color on her.
Taylor Swift in Carolina Herrera- Love the dress but it sits too low on her bust. Also, that smile is creepy annoying. Hahahaha.
Uma Thurman in Versace - Now Uma and Versace has given us red carpet moments but this is definitely not one of them. It kinda looks cheap and tacky....
Jennifer Lawrence in Dior Couture - The dress can be easily done. Grab yourself a white blanket, wrap it around you and put 2 belts. LOLZ! This is just ok for me. I wish she would wear those dresses with the pockets from the Spring 2014 RTW collection. Or we'll have to wait for the Spring 2014 couture from Dior.
Paula Patton in Stephane Rolland - Girl, why are you carrying a big piece of fabric in your shoulder. Put that away! CHOZ! Kidding aside, Paula is never one to give us a hit on the red carpet so this does not surprise me. She will always be a hot mess.
Julia Roberts in Dolce & Gabbana - What is up with that shirt???? Seriously? Maybe you could've asked Dolce and Gabbana to add lace sleeves instead? They're master of lace you know.
Sandra Bullock in Prabal Gurung - Now, when I saw this on style.com (PG Pre Fall 2014 last photo) I was like "I need to see this on the red carpet." And now that I saw it, what a lackluster display. I'm missing the white belt and those creases. I'm sorry Diane Kruger showed us a satin Prabal Gurung dress with no creases so this is unacceptable.
Emma Roberts in Lanvin - Now this is more like it. No stupid shirts underneath. :D
Drew Barrymore in Monique Lhullier - Very sweet and fruity and floral! Hahahaha! I quite like it. Her husband is quite hot and their family owns Chanel or is related to the Chanel owners if I'm not mistaken. I swear, look it up! ;)
Heidi Klum in Marchesa - Oh what a disaster. Look at it on style.com Marchesa Spring 2014. It looked so good on Lindsey Wixson. Had Heidi worn the belt like on the model instead of putting it up to create an empire waist and removing that choker, this could be on my best dressed.
Taissa Farmiga in Elie Saab - The who? Hahaha. Anyways, it looks like she's attending a debut. Too bad, she's gorgous pa naman.
Edie Falco in Lanvin - I love the color.But it's quite safe isn't it?
Jenna Dewan Tatum in Roberto Cavalli - I like the details of this dress.
Julia Louis-Dreyfus in Narciso Rodriguez - I love her e-cig segment and not accepting a selfie. This is a very sexy gown yet age appropriate.
Rashida Jones in Fausto Puglisi - Quite a bold choice and I like it. I wish the top part was different. I know this is straight from the runway but couldn't there be something more?

 Emma Stone in Chanel Couture - Eeeeek! What's this? Girl, you should've had a different hairstyle and shoe. Too bad.
Julie Bowen in Carolina Herrera - See? Color blocking. I love this gown on her. She's killing it lately. :)

Photos from fashionista.com, Getty Images, Google Images, and CocoPerez

No comments:

Post a Comment