First of all, I'm sorry that it took me one week to post again. Haha! Been very busy lately but don't worry, I'm still making sure to perform my blogging duties. :)
I'm sure all you fashionphiles out there know what happened this fashion week. This fashion week has more drama than any fashion week ever with a lot of debuts since last season had a lot of "departures."
Let's highlight the special events of the season: (Photos from style.com)
1. Liberty at Alexander Wang- Liberty Ross shocked everyone when she walked at NYFW particularly Alexander Wang. And as a closer, Wang showed glow in the dark dresses! Perfect for those parties huh?
2. THE SUPE IS HERE! - Naomi Campbell opens Zac Posen's show.
3. Burberry goes metallic- Burberry went with metallics in a lot of hues! Way to go Christopher Bailey! :)
4. Prada is turning Japanese - after the art deco collection, Miuccia Prada showed an array of Japanese inspired dresses completed with floral prints, floral sunglasses, and those shoes to die for!
6. Beth Ditto performs for Versus
7. Hakaan lost his collection- This is very devastating. As in THE WHOLE COLLECTION WAS LOST IN TRANSPORT! If it was stolen, shame on you! :(
8. People of fashion vs Cathy Horyn- Cathy Horyn was banned from the Saint Laurent show and Oscar de la Renta also had his share with Cathy Horyn. This one's a hot highlight! :)
9. Raf Simons debut RTW for Dior - J'adore this collection! It's a departure from his Jil Sander line but still has that Dior taste! :)
10. Hedi for SLP - Hedi Slimane showed his debut collection for Saint Laurent. He squeezed the DNA of Saint Laurent. There were a lot of wearable clothes and it has promise.
11. The buzz at McQueen - Literally! The bee is here! Haha! I SUPER LOVE IT! :D
12. Chanel hula-hoops to the beach-each! - Chanel surely updated its bag to the maxima!
13. Checkerboards for you, Stripes for me- Marc Jacobs and his collection for Louis Vuitton always has this sense of continuity and it was further strengthened with this season's collection.
14. Celine is in! Fur for spring? Only by Celine!