Tuesday, January 15, 2013

The Golden Globe Awards 2013 Best Dressed Awards

This is the post all the celeb are waiting for! Haha! Ok, I'm one day late but do understand:
1. I'm working (the best excuse ever!)
2. I want to simmer all the fashion before I judge it (although at first sight, I know the looks I love and hate.)

Now, I don't want to name any worst dressed but just, badly dressed. Haha!
MY BEST DRESSED IS A TIE!
Last year, it was Charlize Theron who took home the prize in Dior Haute Couture and Dior does it again!

My two best dressed:
Marion Cotillard in Dior Couture - How does she do it? Well actually Dior kinda betrayed her when she went on that Dior tour with boring black dresses and all. But now she's back and better than ever! While it's not a long gown, this is modern sophistication to me! Love it!
 
Nicole Kidman in Alexander McQueen - She's back! Actually, she's been wearing okay dresses, I guess the hair transformed it! And I love the fact that it looks elegant and sexy! Look at how sexy she looks with that dress! :)
 Katharine McPhee in Theyskens' Theory - She's my 2nd runner up! Love the fact that it's so simple and sexy! I think that's my thing for today! Simplicity is beauty! Haha! But this is sexy! But those toes, is that a bunion?
 Debra Messing in Donna Karan Atelier - Ohnoes, a dress got ruined by the washing machine! Haha! Quite an okay dress. Kinda trying hard don't you think?
 Nicole Richie in Naeem Khan - The choice of designer shocks me, she tends to go to avant garde designers like Antonio Berardi or Mugler, why Naeem Khan? I'm lukewarm with this.
 Jennifer Lawrence in Dior Haute Couture - Not a schoker if you know that she is the new face of Dior. This was presented without a belt and the belt was really needed. And I love the fact that it looks good on a curvy gal. Raf Simons tends to design to slimmer silhouettes so this is quite nice! :)
 Amy Adams in Marchesa - I know it! You know it! BALLERINA?!?
 Michelle Dockery in Alexandre Vauthier Couture - My 3rd runner up! Love this! Borderline costumey but I like it! Werk it gurl! :)
 Megan Fox in Dolce and Gabbana - Old Hollywood glamour? Check!
 Lena Dunham in Zac Posen - She actually looks good! Love this on her!
 Claire Danes in Versace - Versace you're doing it right. I remember Kate Hudson also wore Versace while she was pregnant on the "Something Borrowed" premiere. You might wanna consider maternity gowns Donatella. Meanwhile, who said Claire was pregnant? My gosh how did she get her body back? You look good girl!
 Kerry Washington in Miu Miu - I still couldn't get over her Giles gown in Django Unchained London premiere. That's why this was kind of a let down for me.
 Zooey Deschanel in Oscar dela Renta - You know she lives for these types of gowns! Love the necklace!
 Mayim Bialik in ??? - I don't know who she's wearing but she looks okay...
 Hayden Penettiere in Roberto Cavalli - Thanks for coming! :D
 Tina Fey in L'Wrenn Scott and Amy Poehler in Stella McCartney - Love Tina's dress. As for Amy, I wish the pants weren't tailored to her legs but instead went wide legged up to the floor. It would've made her look taller and more severe in a good way!
 Jessica Chastain in Calvin Klein collection - Girl, you're a shoe in to win. Why did you wear such an unflattering dress? What's happening on the top? Was this supposed to be for Kim Kardashian or something? What a loss! The color is exquisite on you!
 Sienna Miller in Erdem - A lot of people are divided by this but I am on the "LOVE IT" side! I like it! Quite different and sooo Erdem! I wish she had a clutch, though! :)
 Olivia Munn in Giorgio Armani -ZZZZZZZ... Moving on... even that clutch is horrendous!
 Sarah Hyland in Max Azria- How old is she? The boobs! Haha!
 Emily Blunt in Michael Kors- This bores me! Why? This pattern has been made to every fabric there is, I guess lace was the last one. Michael Kors, please bring us something fresh now! :)
 Taylor Swift in Donna Karan Atelier - Is that a sheer part on the leg I see or was that bad lighting? Great color on her but design wise, it's ok.
 Amanda Seyfried in Givenchy Couture - She got to keep her dress. Hate her! But the dress is borderline bridal! But I love it!
 Halle Berry in Versace - Beach dress? TACKY-NESS LEVEL : 1001% Donatella, you need to stop dressing GaGa, Berry, and Minaj. Go back to Madonna please! Thanks! :)
 Adele in Burberry - Congrats gurl on your win! You can see on Taylor's eyes: SHE HATES BRITS! Haha! The hair might be too much but she loves big hair so I'll forgive her. PS. That dress is borderline boring....
 Rachel Weisz in Louis Vuitton- This looks like an afterparty look to me. Just sayin' I mean, where was that girl dressed in Chanel during the Skyfall London premiere! C'mon Rachel! :)
 Juliane Moore in Tom Ford- This girl emailed Tom Ford to create a gown for her. YOU ALREADY! Wish I had Tom Ford on speed dial as well! But girl, you look like the epitome of clazz! :)
 Kristen Wiig in Michael Kors -effortless! As in no effort! No glamour, pizzazz or whatsoever.
 Lucy Liu in Carolina Herrera- Don't you just wanna hang her as an ornament! Garden much?

 Stacy Kiebler in Armani Prive- Armani Prive Fall 2012 gown on Clooney's lady love. The perks, right?
 Jessica Alba in Oscar de la Renta - Gurl! You need to remove one layer of the necklace! One is enough! :)
 Jennifer Lopez in Zuhair Murad- Bored already! Is this it? Another "nude" gown?
 Salma Hayek in Gucci Premier - The gown looks great. Ok! :))
 Anne Hathaway in Chanel - This is an Chanel 2009 couture. I love that peplum actually. Looks like a top and skirt no? But it's a ress. I wish for some necklace as I find it kind of bare! :)
 Isla Fisher in Reem Acra - embellishment galore! Love the hair with the dress. :)
 Kate Hudson in Alexander McQueen - I love this! Definitely the right placement of embellishments! Go Mars!

 Lea Michele in Elie Saab - that tan looks good on her! But I'm kind of tired with those legs.
 Jennifer Garner in Vivienne Westwood - Her husband is nominated for Best Director and she looks good as an accompanying wife! Love Vivienne Westwood! :)
 Eva Longoria in Emilio Pucci  - What did I say? LEGS!
 Barbara Palvin in Chanel - She's the girl between the Jelena breakup! Gurl, you don't need Bieber! You're gorgeous, get a real man. You look like a lesbian couple in that pic of you and Justin! I don't know why she's here but I love that she looks kind of granny chic! Don't you think?
 Kristen Bell in Jenny Packham - Maternity chic! I wonder if Kate Middleton will sport Packham now that she's preggers! Hope so! :)
 Heidi Klum in Alexandre Vauthier - LEGS AGAIN! My gosh she's been dressing tackily ever since that divorce! Where's your friend Michael Kors or even Zac Posen or Christian Siriano? Gurl, you need a fashion make over!!!!
 Sofia Vergara in Michael Cinco- MICHAEL CINCO! PINOY PRIDE! YEAH! I'll forgive her for wearing this but remember Sofia, you're not in Miss Colombia anymore! ;)
 Allison Williams in J. Mendel - I actually love this. I think a lot of designers got a "bit" of inspiration from Raf's Dior Couture Fall 2012. I swear ever since that collection was presented, a lot of designers are now doing "silhouette and cut over embellishments." Love it!
 Naomi Watts in Zac Posen - Best in Train! Still, her Alexander McQueen gown at the Critics' Choice Awards is still the one to beat!
Rosie Huntington Whiteley in Saint Laurent - Meh! Can't believe I said that. I'm kinda like bored here!
Photos from Getty, Glamour, Fashionista

No comments:

Post a Comment