Thursday, January 10, 2013

THE NOVALICHES POST OFFICE EXPERIENCE

This was a mix of emotions for me!
First, commuting there. GOOGLE MAPS WERE A BIT OF HELP! But quite frankly, Google Maps has failed me a couple of times so I decided to trust the experts, forums! haha!

Ok, so from my house it is one jeepney ride, SWELL! But from SM North, it is one FX ride. Just take a Novaliches/Bayan FX and tell them Novaliches Post Office. If you're too shy, just tell them Novaliches and pretend to be cool but inside you're panicking because you might be lost. Haha!

Anyways, I was!!!! It was a good thing that I have a distinct landmark, SM NOVALICHES! If you passed SM Novaliches, it's good just a couple more meters. Just be observant, once you see a "Bayan Tel" building on your right get ready. Then, look to your left and look for Meralco. Then, you will see this subdivision entrance and a Metrobank beside it. Yell "Para!" Haha. Then, just walk and you will see a sign leading to the post office.

There's the sign, you see it! Haha!

 I was quite disappointed because it looked old and dilapidated and just whatever. Anyways, here are the pics.
 

 You need to have your Form 1525 and your valid ID. I bought something online and was sent directly to the post office (instead of my doorstep) and here I am. Look at this sign...
MY EXPERIENCE:
The lady that welcomed me in the Parcel Section was nice. Accommodating and friendly actually, I was like YES! What are they talking about? They're nice. And then I paid 40 pesos for the parcel fee and then, that door with that sign from above, I was let in. Inside, was a girl sleeping in some chair (oh, the government) and this fat old lady "from customs" who looks more like a matron or something. They opened the box and saw what I bought, 5 pcs of sunglasses! The lady even tried them on. She asked how much I paid for it. I told her 10 USD (including shipping but shipping was free). And you know what she told me,

"Taga-customs kasi ako. Pag naningil ako 550 para sa (I forgot) tapos 12% VAT. Yung pinakamaliit na singil ko e mga 1,200. Pero ngayon, pagbibigyan kita. Pero sa susunod, maninigil ako."

"I'm from Customs. When I charge, I charge 550 pesos for (I forgot) and 12% VAT. My minimum charge is usually 1,200. For now, I'll let you go. But next time, I'll charge."

THE NERVE! So, I'm going to pay you more more more than double than what I paid for the item? And you think I'm stupid? I KNOW THAT ITEMS BELOW $50 ARE NOT TAXABLE. I just want to rip her head off because guess what? I still have other items in transit waiting to be shipped to me. If they ever go to Novaliches post office, I'm gonna go back and when she charges, I will fight back. I know my rights. Even if I call the proper authorities, I am not going down without a fight. I can not believe that even in this small setting that people have the nerve to be that "feeling powerful." I actually had plans to record it and submit it to the proper authorities. Maybe, next time. I'm gonna need a great gear to record them though.

THIS IS ONE OF THE REASONS WHY FILIPINOS ARE SO AVERSE TO ONLINE SHOPPING, BECAUSE WE KNOW THAT WE WILL NOT SAVE MORE FROM ONLINE SHOPPING (WITH REGARDS TO BUYING FROM INTERNATIONAL COUNTRIES). I think the government should look into this.

11 comments:

  1. I'll claim my parcel tomorrow. I'm nervous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What happend to other parcel? Do they charge..

    ReplyDelete
  3. What happend to other parcel? Do they charge..

    ReplyDelete
  4. The fee now is 112. I paid it then go home. No other problems.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Im going to get my parcel too. Im supposed to get it today coz I just received the invoice but as I read on what is written, it says "CLAIM ON MONDAY OR FRIDAY ONLY". Its just Tuesday today so I have to wait til Friday before I can claim my package. And yes, it states there as well a Customs Exam. Fee of Php112.00. Good luck for me in Friday.. but if they're gonna ask more than whatvis writtwn on the invoice... Ill call 8888 and report them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Im going to get my parcel too. Im supposed to get it today coz I just received the invoice but as I read on what is written, it says "CLAIM ON MONDAY OR FRIDAY ONLY". Its just Tuesday today so I have to wait til Friday before I can claim my package. And yes, it states there as well a Customs Exam. Fee of Php112.00. Good luck for me in Friday.. but if they're gonna ask more than whatvis writtwn on the invoice... Ill call 8888 and report them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for this blogpost! Really helpful, my package is also stuck there where it was supposed to be delivered to us right? the online shop promise a door to door service, but since we are here in the ph we have to get it our own. Knowing that a lot of us have work, its so inconvenient to go there at weekdays!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I might call 8888 to report them my 2nd parcel charge me for 1k and 24pesos because my tax daw kuno is worth 2,7 and my 2nd one they charge me for 500 and 24 pesos kahit na nasa 47$ Lang ang total ng parcel ko... Nakaka hb sila Karma will come to them soon

    ReplyDelete
  9. I might call 8888 to report them my 2nd parcel charge me for 1k and 24pesos because my tax daw kuno is worth 2,7 and my 2nd one they charge me for 500 and 24 pesos kahit na nasa 47$ Lang ang total ng parcel ko... Nakaka hb sila Karma will come to them soon

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahh now I know below 50$ parcel walang tax/charge nakahinga ako ng maluwag dun Sir/Maam, ewan ko lang kung yun nga nag mangyari hahaha. Nag-try ako umorder sa AliExpress dainty necklace so cheap lang ewan ko ng f makarating ng post office but I'm hoping for that haist. Nice blog very informative. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  11. could anyone give the name of the chief of the parcel division? I shall file the case of malfeasance.thanks

    ReplyDelete