Wednesday, February 13, 2013

2013 GRAMMY AWARDS

Sorry it's a bit late. I posted the BAFTAs earlier so now it's the Grammys. Like what you can expect, there's couture and tackyness overload! And some meh! along the way. This is considering that these are crazy musicians. It was quite disappointing, though. Anyways... let's get to it!

I'll give you a background, though: CBS wanted to enforce a strict dress code for the ladies, NO NUDITY OR INSINUATED NUDITY! They don't want wardrobe malfunction on the stage. Let's see if the stars followed...

 Katy Perry in Gucci - She is my best dressed! Yes, that's how subdued the red carpet was. I love the color on her and her boobs looks mighty perky and healthy, John Mayer approves! Haha!
 Alexa Chung in Red Valentino - Well I give her plus points for doing something with her hair but I'm lukewarm on the dress. She can do so much better for sure! :)
 Florence Welch in Givenchy Couture - This is a Fall 2009 look and was presented in black. This was in honor of Lolong, the biggest crocodile in captivity who died Feb. 10, 2013. :(
 Miranda Lambert in Roberto Cavalli - I don't know much about her style but at least it's not some tacky prom dress.
 Taylor Swift in J Mendel - She's been wearing a lot of white dresses lately. Wedding???? Haha!
 JLo in Anthony Vacarello- The designer had some fabric to spare and made this dress for JLo. THE LEG! It borderlines tacky and worst dressed to me. This Vacarello guy makes hooker dresses doesn't he?
 Adele in Valentino - I appreciate her for stepping out of her comfort zone but I wish she had gone for the shorter length of the runway version. The runway version has a different print on the top.
Kat Dennings in Vivienne Westwood- Another perky booby! Love the dress on her. That Vivienne Westwood corseted top with the fabric all rouched up and all is proving to be a universal dress that flatters all types of women. LOVE THAT!
 Kaley Cuoco in Amen- I gotta give her some credit for going for the rock and roll vibe! You go girl! AMEN INDEED! Haha!
 Beyonce in Osman- Join SJP in your business luncheon. Business causal again!
 Rihanna in Azzedine Alaia - Alaia is known as the Master of Body Con so I'm quite shocked with this flowy concoction. I have to admit, it's quite good! Good thing no Chris Brown in sight. Haha!
 Allison Williams in Kaufmanfranco - I have to give her some credit. You look good girl!

 Kelly Rowland in Georges Chakra- Nudity much? Anyways... let's move on.
 Alicia Keys in Azzedine Alaia- That skirt is definitely Alaia. So he's been doing some modifications to that style of the dress with the leather top. Still looks good though.
 Nicole Kidman in Vera Wang - Hmmm... Still need to warm up to this. It's good but not great. I'll wait til the Oscars. :)
 Karlie Kloss in Michael Kors- I love her new hair! The dress is good. Well, she's a model and this is not her thing so I appreciate her for looking good and appropriate without sacrificing the fact that she's a MODEL!
Solange Knowles in Ralph and Russo Couture - The hair! It's extra wild today! I love the color but I can't get over the shoulder pads.
Janelle Monae- Don't know who she's wearing but I love her!
 Carly Rae Jepsen in Roberto Cavalli - Call Her Maybe! Well, the dress looks good but be honest, she looks like she just either: a. got raped or b. had sex! Girl that hair, if it wasn't standing up because of the sperm, we would've never guessed ;)
Carrie Underwood in Roberto Cavalli - Very princessy, rumors are her necklace costs around 31 million dollars! My gosh! Be careful when you will ride the train home. CHOZ!


WHO WAS YOUR BEST DRESSED???


Photo Credits: Getty, Fashionista, Popsugar, Google Images

No comments:

Post a Comment