Wednesday, February 20, 2013

DIOR COUTURE VS DIOR COUTURE

I know couture has been passe now because everyone's talking about the Fall 2013 RTW now but I would just like to discuss this like the know-it-all I feel I am. Haha!

It's the Dior Couture Spring 2013 by Raf Simons vs Dior Couture Fall 2010 by John Galliano. Both were inspired by Dior's Garden. And obviously, these two have different interpretations.

I'll show a side by side photos of their collection (not all). The left ones are from the Fall 2010 while the right ones are from the Spring 2013 collection but I'm sure you know just by looking at the designs ;)
 

The first looks from the collection. Just from the start you know Galliano will take you on a ride. ;)


 

 
 
 

 

 
 

 The final looks. Quite surprised about the Spring 2013 choice. I think the dress that came before this was a much better finale dress. I was also puzzled by the decision to include 2 pantsuits (again) in this collection. He already had it in the Fall 2012 collection (sign of fillers?)

Looking at it, Galliano made a more dramatic interpretation but less wearable (although the second to the last dress with that blue skirt is my fave and is sure to be a red carpet best dressed) while Simons made a tame interpretation but wearable borderlining on boring and RTW-ish that even Topshop can reproduce. Imagine that? A couture-like dress for $100?

I vote for Galliano even though I love Simons' design in menswear.

What are your thoughts???
















No comments:

Post a Comment