FOR ALL FILIPINOS INTERESTED IN TRAVELING TO SOUTH KOREA, HERE ARE SOME OF MY TIPS. BELIEVE ME, I'VE BEEN THERE
1. If you've never experienced winter, suit yourself. It's cold! Like really cold. Buy thermal wear. My thermal wear lasted a week. You won't perspire so carry on. :))
2. Buy great boots. Yes boots. and make sure that the sole is rubber and has those dents and spaces like combat boots. Mine is flat so basically I slipped wherever I go. :))
3. The people are kind. Very.... :)
4. Some sellers are aggressive. Yes, you just ask a price and they think you will buy it. :O
5. Taxis start at 2300 won and additional 100 won every (drop of meter?)
6. I did not take a bus but there are numbers in the buses which has different routes so be careful.
7. SHOP TIL YOU DROP. It's cheaper than in the Philippines, especially cosmetics! woohoo!
8. There are no security guards. One of the hassles in shopping in the Phils are the inspection of bags. There is none in Korea as they are very honest. Very true actually.
9. Bring a shopping bag. Those 25 peso-bags in Office Warehouse and 35-peso bags in SM Supermarket are a great investment when going to Korea. They don't have plastic bags. You buy them. But in the supermarkets, if you bought a lot, you can transfer them in boxes and the boxes are free. :)
10. Bring lots of money!!! For shopping.
11. The food is delicious and they serve a lot. Yes they do. Also, they have spicy tastes so be careful :) There are only a few Starbucks. They patronize their own products so go for Cafe Bene or Vero Espresso ( I think that's the name).
12. Know basic Korean words. If you don't understand them say, "Molayo Korean" Molayo means I don't know. And Kamsamnida means "Thank you." :)
There. Ask me if you have questions. :) And I'll try my best to answer it. SPARKLING KOREA! :D