Sunday, March 25, 2012

ZAC POSEN x ILLESTEVA

Since summer is coming, sunglasses are a must have. And Zac Posen is cashing in on this requirement. He collaborated with Illesteva.
The limited edition launch will include two different shapes -- a cat eye style and an oval frame, with colors to include yellow, clear, tortoise, green, brown and leopard print.
Retailing at $300, the frames will be on sale via illesteva.com, as well as in boutiques including Colette and Opening Ceremony.
Posen told WWD March 20 that sunglasses will play an integral part in expanding from ready-to-wear into other arenas.
"As we develop the Zac Posen brand, sunglasses allow me to maintain an aspect of flare and attitude for clothing that transitions into day," said Posen, who joins designers including Jean Paul Gaultier to enter the arena (his debut range launched in Mikli boutiques back in January). Meanwhile, US jewelry designer Alexis Bittar recently revealed plans to launch eyewear in 2013. (From: http://news.yahoo.com/zac-posen-launching-debut-sunglasses-line-202437872.html)

I was shocked to find out it was with Illesteva. Illesteva strikes me as a festival type of sunglasses. You know for indie rockers and that stuff. And now, here are the pictures.








I was pretty disappointed with the collection. I expected something like from Dior, John Galliano, or Roberto Cavalli. Zac Posen's aesthetic do not match with the sunglasses. I don't know, that's just me. I just wish he just released his own line instead of collaborating. Or maybe do a Giles x Cutler and Gross or Henry Holland for Le Specs. He could've gone with Oliver Peoples. I don't know. That's just me.

What do you think of the collection? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment